Dell India 2012 – uniting women owned businesses.
According to a new study conducted by Dell, female entrepreneurs based in India are expecting a 90 per cent growth in business in the next 5 years. The Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network (DWEN) event is taking place in New Delhi, June 17-19, 2012, and the new study commissioned by them affirms that the ideal country for a woman with a start-up business is India.
This new study conducted by Dell i.e. the Women’s Global Entrepreneurship Study will be released at the event, detailing confidence levels, motivation, financing option, support systems amongst businesswomen from all over the world. With a projected GDP growth rate of 8.2 per cent in 2011-2012 (Indian Economic Outlook Report) it comes as no surprise that female entrepreneurs in India are feeling more optimistic with regards to business growth.
Over the years, DWEN Events have made it their motto to provide female global entrepreneurs a common platform to share their best practices, brainstorm on future business opportunities and to celebrate the female influence in the global economy. After taking place in Shanghai in 2010, Rio de Janeiro in 2011, India has been chosen as a venue for this exclusive event in 2012 due to its rising role in emerging markets and its strong influence on the technology world.
The theme this year is “Innovation through Collaboration” and the two day event will be led by host Moira Forbes, Publisher – Forbes Woman. The programme has been planned in order to facilitate a discussion of ideas between female founders, innovative leaders, business icons, experts and thought leaders who run businesses in top markets. Representatives will be present from Canada, the United States, Brazil, China, Japan, Australia, India, the United Kingdom, France and Germany. The topics of discussion will range from business in India, social entrepreneurship and strategic giving, sustainability, customer engagement, social media strategy to going global. Some of the notable speakers at the event are:
- Susan Feldman, Co-founder and Chief Merchandising Officer, One Kings Lane
- Carley Roney, Co-founder and Editor in Chief, XO Group, Inc.
- Lola Ogunnaike, Today Show Contributor
- Martina Sandrock, General Manager, Iglo GmbH
- Jane Silber, CEO, Canonical
- Carolyn S. Miles, President and CEO, Save the Children
- Shoba Purushothaman, Founder, Training Ventures Ltd. & Founder, The NewsMarket
- Aishwarya and Amruda Nair of The Leela Group
- Kay Koplovitz, Chairman & CEO, Koplovitz & Co., Chairman, Springboard Enterprises
- Frederique Clavel, President, Federation Pionnieres
- Tara Hunt, CEO and Co-founder, Buyosphere
- Sarah Prevette, Founder, Sprouter and BetaKit
- Danae Ringelmann, Co-founder, IndieGoGo
- Ameera Shah, Managing Director and CEO, Metropolis Healthcare Ltd.
- Lakshmi Pratury, Host and Curator, The INK Conference
- Michele Caminos, Managing Vice President, Gartner
- Terri McCullough, Executive Director, Tory Burch Foundation
Karen Quintos, Senior VP and Chief Marketing Officer, Dell Inc states “Dell recognizes how critical entrepreneurs are to global economic recovery and job creation and our commitment to their growth goes well beyond the products and solutions we sell. The Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network celebrates the unique perspective and approach that women bring to business–and reinforces the role of technology in enabling these women to reach new markets, expand their companies and provide value to their customers.”
Women leaders are invited to contribute to the conversation and share who and what inspires and motivates them as entrepreneurs and leaders via the Women Powering Business Network group on LinkedIn.
DWEN is supported by Endeavor, Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneurial Winning Women and the Kauffman Foundation. Content about the event can be found on Twitter via @DellBizWomen and by following #dwen.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50293984&lang=enPosted in News, Upcoming Events, Women in Business in the Media Tagged business networking, Female business leaders, female entrepreneurs, networking events, start up businesses, women in business |